During this season of celebration, we at Verona Street Animal Society (VSAS) and Rochester Animal Services (RAS) joyfully thank YOU, our community supporters, for facilitating our mission to serve the Rochester community and its animals in need. We are so proud of our accomplishments, which would not have been possible without the financial and in-kind support of our community as well as the dedication and commitment to animal welfare demonstrated by our outstanding staff and volunteers. We have made great strides in 2019 toward creating safe neighborhoods, supporting the human-animal bond, and saving and enhancing lives in the Rochester area. Because of YOU we have many reasons to celebrate:
- Adoptions – since 2010, Rochester Animal Services’ live release rate has increased from below 50% to over 90% in 2019
- Spay/Neuter – our veterinarians and vet partners have performed over 2,200 spay/neuter surgeries for animals in 2019 to help keep pets healthy at home and prevent overcrowding at shelters
- Outreach – this year, RAS teams have visited underserved neighborhoods in Rochester on a weekly basis to share information and support with over 1,000 households about services and programs to bolster pet retention and remove barriers in access to pet resources
- Enrichment – animals held at the shelter have received outstanding opportunities for comfort and stimulation, including dog playgroups in our outdoor play yard, calming music played in kennels, olfactory stimulation with scented mineral oils, and mental health stimulation and rewards through puzzle feeders, toys and treats
- Volunteers – we are grateful to have the BEST volunteers in Rochester, more than 200 dedicated animal lovers, who help with everything from hands-on care of animals, to facilitating adoptions, fundraising, office assistance, marketing, and more – we couldn’t count our successes without these amazing folks!
Please consider making a year-end gift to help us continue saving lives and providing comfort for Rochester’s animals in need. We rely on continued support throughout the year to fulfill our mission and we gratefully ask our community to consider making donations as they are able. Even small gifts make a big impact on the animals in our care:
- $5 = Heartworm test
- $10 = Heartworm treatment OR flea-tick prevention
- $15 = FeLV/FIV test for cats
- $25 = Male cat neuter OR one-month supply of cat food
- $50 = Female cat spay OR one-month supply of dog food OR dog Seresto collar
- $70 = Biopsy
- $100 = Cat adoption
- $150 = Dog adoption OR PFL spay/neuter and vaccination package
- $200 = Dog training classes
- $500 = Five cat adoptions OR 20-month supply of cat food OR emergency medical treatment for an injured or surrendered animal
- $1,000 = Six dog adoptions OR five dog training classes OR emergency medical treatment for an injured or surrendered animal
Did you know? Many companies will consider making a matching gift to organizations supported by their employees. Please consider talking with your employer’s Human Resources department to learn how they may be willing to help support the causes you care about – like VSAS/RAS!
Thank YOU for an extraordinary 2019 and for all you do to help Rochester’s animals!