The Fast & The Furriest® is going virtual again this year! This means participants can run and walk anywhere and anytime, while making a difference in the lives of animals in need! Get ready and get set…we have a week of fun activities planned for all you dog lovers. Between Monday, May 31st and Sunday, June 6th, you can:
- Participate in the 5K, 10K or the dog walk
- Take The Far & The Furriest Challenge by completing ALL THREE events: 5K, 10K and dog walk (more info below)
- Bid on the fabulous items in our online auction. Details to come soon.
- Join us for our Pet Parade on Saturday, June 5th streamed live on Facebook
- Register to attend the in person “Pet Festival” at Brown Square Park on Saturday, June 5th form 9am – 1pm
- Sign your pup up for the free vaccine clinic on June 5th
- Ask your friends and family to support a cause you are passionate about by creating a virtual fundraising page for the event this year.
The Fast & The Furriest® is the biggest fundraising event of the year for Verona Street Animal Society and, during these uncertain times, it is more crucial than ever that we meet our fundraising goal of $80,000 for Rochester’s animals.
Virtual Race Information:
You have from 12 a.m. on Monday, May 31st to 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, June 6th to complete a walk, 5K or 10K on the streets, trails or treadmill. Run, walk, or hike, with or without your dog—it doesn’t matter! When done, share your results with us (directions here) to prove you’ve completed the event! The Male and Female with the Overall fastest time in each race will win a $25 gift card to Fleet Feet Sports.
NEW THIS YEAR!!! The Far & The Furriest Challenge! Challenge yourself and complete ALL the events: 5K, 10K and dog walk in the week timeframe. Those that register for The Far & The Furriest Challenge will get an additional VSAS swag item!
Registration is $30 for each event (choose 5K, 10K, and/or walk) or $50 for the challenge. Prices increase after April 30th. Registered participants will receive a t-shirt and access to a virtual marketplace with exclusive offers from sponsors and vendors. T-shirts will be available for pick up on Saturday, June 5th during the Pet Parade event or you can chose to have it shipped to you.
The Overall Fastest Male and Female in the 5K and 10K will win a $25 gift card to Fleet Feet. Winners will be announced on the The Fast & The Furriest® Facebook Event Page the Monday after the event week.
While registering, make sure to set up your individual or team fundraising page to help increase our impact! Personalize the page with your own story, link it with Facebook Fundraising and set your own personal goal.
During this challenging time, we all need to support and encourage each other. Throughout the journey and on event-day, you are encouraged to engage with Verona Street Animal Society on Facebook, Instagram and on The Fast & The Furriest® Facebook event page by sharing photos and videos of your training sessions and participation in the virtual event. Don’t forget to include your furry friends and fitness companions! Use the hashtags #TheFast&TheFurriest and #Fundraising4RAS to connect with other fundraisers and event supporters.
All runners and participants are welcome. Pets are not required, but we encourage dogs and cats (and any other companion animal) to participate virtually as well. <strong>We also encourage all runners to DONATE and fundraise for the shelter animals at Rochester Animal Services either individually or with a team.
Micro Pet Festival Information
Join is on Saturday, June 5th at Brown Square Park from 9am to 1pm for a bunch of fun activities for you and your pet!
What To Expect:
- The Pet Parade will begin at 9am! Get an in person look at pets that currently available for adoption.
- Free, drive thru, vaccine clinic from 10am – 1pm
- Explore different booths set up by local vendors and sponsors
- Partake in the pet photo booth
- Join in on the group play demonstrations
- Grab some eats from Macarollin food turck
- Listen to live music (TBD)
The drive thru, vaccine clinic will take place from 10am to 1pm at Rochester Animal Services (184 Verona St. Rochester, NY). At this time the clinic is for DOGS ONLE and is by appointment only! Register your dog here!
We are pleased to present these fabulous items in our very first online auction! Funds raised will help to support the pets, and the people who love them, in our community. We strive to keep pets and their people together and find opportunities for new love connections when needed. Check out the online auction below!
Why is your paw-ticipation so important?
By supporting the Verona Street Animal Society, you are helping animals get the second chance they deserve. Any donation made directly impacts the animals in our community by:
- Providing food, shelter, enrichment and medical care at the shelter
- Promoting adoption, lost and found, and spay/neuter programs
- Supporting under-served communities by providing access to pet resources
If you don’t want to partake in this particular event, but want to help the shelter animals, you can still become an online fundraiser and be eligible to receive all of our great pledge-level prizes!
For more information on how to set up your fundraiser and tips and tricks to reach your goal visit here!
Raise the following amounts and win prizes!
- Fundraise $50 and receive a VSAS window decal
- Fundraise $250 and receive a VSAS cooler
- Fundraise $1000 and receive a VSAS backpack
- Fundraise $2000 and receive a 6 month subscription to Bark Box
Become a sponsor:
Learn more about becoming a sponsor and the different sponsor levels HERE!
Thank You Sponsors!
Pet Parade Sponsor
True Companion Sponsor:
Working Dog Sponsor:
Shelter Friend Sponsor:
Annamaet Petfoods Inc.
Heritage Financial Services
Merzbach Solomon, PC
Pets at Peace
Wags Dog Club