What is Crowdrise?
I have not pre-registered for the event. Can I still register and attend on event day?
Does every member of my family have to register to participate in the walk?
If I am a pre-registered RUNNER, what do I do when I arrive at the event?
If I am a pre-registered WALKER, what do I do when I arrive at the event?
Is my registration fee tax deductible?
What do I do with my offline (cash, check) donations?
What is the fundraising deadline for Teams?
Can I raise more than the registration fee?
If I register offline (phone/fax/postal mail) can I still create a personal fundraising webpage?
I would like to make a donation to a particular person. How do I do that?
What’s with all these prizes? Is everyone eligible?
Pets at the Event
Is there a minimum age requirement for dogs to be able to attend the event?
What are the hours for the Rabies & Microchip clinic?
What type of pets are eligible for the clinic services?
I’m interested in getting a Rabies vaccine for my dog. Do I need to bring any previous vaccine history?
How old does my puppy need to be to receive a free Rabies vaccine?
What is the fee for microchipping?
Do I have to be a city resident to take advantage of the Rabies and Microchipping Clinic?
Do I have to bring a pet in order to walk?
Can I bring more than one dog to the event?
Will poop bags be provided for my pet?
Do the pets that attend The Fast & The Furriest® have to show proof of vaccinations?
Can unaltered pets attend?
What is the leash requirement for the event?
Day of the Event
Where do I park?
Where can I locate a map of the run routes?
I’m not planning to do the walk or the run. Can I still attend the festival?
What if it rains?
Will there be food for purchase? Can I bring my own food to the event?
What kind of booths will be set up at the festival?
Tell me about the Sponsor Raffle
Can I adopt a pet during The Fast & The Furriest®?
- What is Crowdrise?
- Crowdrise is back by popular demand as the RAS/VSAS fundraising platform for The Fast and The Furriest. is about raising money online for charities and having the most fun in the world while doing it. Crowdrise is a groundbreaking online fundraising platform.” –Rusty Robertson, Co-Founder, Stand Up 2 Cancer. Our goal for this year’s event is to raise $85,000. Please help us create a brighter future by Rochester’s shelter animals. Crowdrise is inspiring.To get started visit our Crowdrise page!
- I have not pre-registered for the event. Can I still register and attend on event day?
- Absolutely! Simply register on-site at our registration booth. Day-of runner fees will apply. Walkers will be required to pay the $35.00 or submit your donations totaling $35.00 or more to register in order to participate in the walk and receive your t-shirt. Children 10 and under can participate in the walk at no charge; however for children to qualify for t-shirts they too, must raise or pay $35.00 to be eligible. NOTE: T-shirts will be available on-site for all paid run registrants and for walkers who have raised a minimum of $35.00, while supplies last. Sizes and availability cannot be guaranteed.
- Does every member of my family have to register to participate in the walk?
- Walk registration is free this year; however, we are asking ALL participants to join with us in helping us meet our fundraising goal of raising $85,000 so that we continue to help more animals, implement new programs and meet the needs of pet owners in our community. We are asking each participant to raise or pay a minimum of $35.00 which would entitle each member of their family to receive a free t-shirt. Ideally, if you are a family of four, we would love for you to raise a minimum of $140.00. In order to be officially registered as a walker and become eligible for prizes, you MUST do one of the following: (A) Complete a paper Registration Form and remit $35.00, (B) Complete a paper Registration and bring your donations with you on event day, or (C) Register online. As the largest fundraising of the year every dollar raised will help us save more lives!*Please understand that these are just guidelines and we want you to be able to enjoy the day with all members of your family, two- and four-legged.
- If I am a pre-registered RUNNER, what do I do when I arrive at the event?
- If you have already picked up your packet at one of the (2) Fleet Feet locations, visit our hospitality area, stretch and get ready to run the race. If you haven’t already picked up your packet and bib, please proceed to the Registration tents to check-in. Have donations to turn in? Please turn any collected at the Registration tents and select your fundraising prizes (if eligible). This year registration will take place in Carestream / Kodak / Frontier Field Parking lot D.
- If I am a pre-registered WALKER, what do I do when I arrive at the event?
- Check in at our Registration tents and turn in any donations you have collected, pick up your t-shirt and start enjoying all the pre-event walk activities at the park. If you do not have any offline (cash/check donations), we still need all walkers to check in, validate their fundraising totals, pick up your t-shirt and goodie bag, and select your fundraising prizes (if eligible). This year registration will take place in Kodak Office / Frontier Field Parking lot D.
- Is my registration fee tax deductible?
- YES. The Fast and The Furriest registration (if paid by you) can be used as a tax deduction for 2015 income tax purposes. Due to the high number of registrations for this event, Rochester Animal Services only issues receipts upon request. All donations made by individuals to individual walkers or runners are also considered tax deductible. Rochester Animal Services will only send letters to individuals who request them and only for donations exceeding $100.00 or more. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you need one. All others are encouraged to save canceled checks, online donation confirmations or credit card statements for validation of their donation.
- What do I do with my offline (cash, check) donations?
- Offline donations can be turned in and accepted pre-event by mailing to VSAS, PO Box 22874, Rochester, NY 14692 or bring then with you and submit them at the Registration area (located in the Carestream parking lot Kodak Office / Frontier Field Parking lot D) on event day. If you have registered online (as a walker or runner), be sure to include offline donations. If you are remitting donations in advance to by mail, please label the outside of your envelope with “VSAS Offline Donations” and ensure your name and a contact number is listed on your check or accompanying paperwork.
- What is the fundraising deadline for Teams?
- To be eligible for the top fundraising team award OR top individual fundraising awards, all cash, check, and credit card donations MUST be received on event day. Any online donations received after noon on Friday, June 5th will not count towards your fundraising total. We accept online and offline donations post event, but these donations will not count towards your fundraising total and eligibility for prizes.
- Can I raise more than the registration fee?
- YES, please! We encourage all participants to raise as much money as possible to help the animals of our city and so that we can save more lives. Individuals can donate directly through your The Fast & The Furriest® personal page on Crowdrise and you may also collect donations by check or cash and use the offline donation form to track them. All checks should be made payable to the “Verona Street Animal Society”. It’s really that easy and every dollar will make a difference. $85,000 is our goal for 2015. With your help we know you can achieve this goal for the animals!
- If I register offline (phone/fax/postal mail) can I still create a personal fundraising webpage?
- YES. If you have mailed in a paper registration but would still like to fundraise, please visit www.premium-verse.flywheelsites.com and select the “Non-participant fundraising option” to get started in Crowdrise. We thank you for making this extra effort.
- I would like to make a donation to a particular person. How do I do that?
- The best way to ensure your donation gets to the appropriate person is to reach out to that individual and ask them to send you their custom URL, which typically would looks like this: www.crowdrise.com/TeamName/fundraiser/partipantsname. Or you can visit our fundraising page, scroll down to the area where you will see Team and Individual tabs and locate your participant. Once you have located the individual, click on the “Donate” button to make a contribution to that person’s page. Alternatively, you can remit a check to VSAS, PO Box 22874, Rochester, NY 14692. Please designate on the check or on accompanying paperwork the name of the individual on whose behalf you are donating.
- What’s with all these prizes? Is everyone eligible?
- Yes. All runners, walkers and non-participant fundraisers are eligible for our fundraising prizes. T-shirts will be provided on-site to all participants who have raised a minimum of $35 dollars. For those individuals who cannot attend the event, arrangements will be made to get them to you. All other fundraising prizes will be ordered post-event and be available for distribution (pick-up or delivery within 6 weeks). You will be contacted once the prizes arrive, so please be sure your Crowdrise account includes an up-to-date phone number, address and email address listed. If you have questions regarding the prizes either before or after the event, please contact email@example.com.
Pets at the Event
- Is there a minimum age requirement for dogs to be able to attend the event?
- No, the event is open to dogs of all ages. However, it is recommended that your dog be up-to-date on annual vaccinations. Rabies vaccinations will be provided at the event free of charge.
- What are the hours for the Rabies & Microchip clinic?
- 9:00 am – 1:00 pm / Location: Kodak Parking Lot just north of the shelter.
- What type of pets are eligible for the clinic services?
- Cats & Dogs
- I’m interested in getting a Rabies vaccine for my dog. Do I need to bring any previous vaccine history?
- If your pet has received a Rabies vaccine previously, please bring a copy of the vaccination records so we can determine whether your pet will receive a 3-year rabies booster or 1-year.
- How old does my puppy need to be to receive a free Rabies vaccine?
- 12 weeks
- What is the fee for microchipping?
- $20.00. Also, please be prepared with your personal information so we can register your pet (name, address, phone number) PLUS the same information for your back-up contact (friend, family member, neighbor) in the event your pet gets lost and you can’t be reached.
- Do I have to be a city resident to take advantage of the Rabies and Microchipping Clinic?
- No. Everyone is welcome.
- Do I have to bring a pet in order to walk?
- No, anyone is welcome to walk — with or without a pet!
- Can I bring more than one dog to the event?
- Participants can bring as many dogs as they are comfortable walking, however all dogs must be kept on a maximum 6-foot, non-retractable leash. Please be advised that walking more than one dog at a time requires the skill to keep them from becoming tangled. If you wish to bring more than one dog to the event, we encourage you to recruit friends and family to register and join you.
- Will poop bags be provided for my pet?
- Poop bags will be available at several locations. You are also welcome to bring your own. We encourage all attendees to be responsible pet owners and clean up after their pet(s).
- Do the pets that attend The Fast & The Furriest® have to show proof of vaccinations?
- NO. Although proof of vaccinations is not required, we encourage pet owners to stay current with their pet’s vaccinations. Additionally, owners will be asked to sign a release form regarding participation by themselves and their pets.
- Can unaltered pets attend?
- Yes, however please do not bring an animal that is currently in heat. While you are at the event, we would love for you to learn more about spay-neuter resources available in our community, so please be sure to ask about us. *Sale of pets at this event is strictly prohibited.
- What is the leash requirement for the event?
- All dogs must be kept on a maximum 6-foot, non-retractable leash during the event. We ask that owners keep their dogs close by since there are hundreds of people and pets at this event. This will help ensure the safety of your pet, other dogs, and people in attendance, particularly if some dogs don’t behave well with others or in crowds.
Day of the Event
- Where do I park?
- Parking will be available on-street and in the Kodak Office / Frontier Field Parking lot D. Parking is provided free of charge, but your donations are appreciated. Due to road closings, the parking lot should be accessed from Oak Street via Jay Street or Smith Street from the North or Broad/Allen and Plank Street from the West.
- Where can I locate a map of the run routes?
- I’m not planning to do the walk or the run. Can I still attend the festival?
- What if it rains?
- The Fast & The Furriest® is held rain or shine. Please dress yourself and your pet accordingly. Please remember that registration fees are non-refundable, and refunds WILL NOT be given in the event of rain.
- Will there be food for purchase? Can I bring my own food to the event?
- Food (including vegan options) for human participants will be available for purchase from various vendors. You may also bring food and beverages (excluding alcohol) for your family and pets.
- What kind of booths will be set up at the festival?
- There will be a host of various sponsors and vendors in attendance. Sponsors and vendors typically give away coupons and samples and many offer drawings for prizes throughout the day, so be sure to swing by and support their work. Be sure to also visit the new fenced in play yards at The Play Yard at Rochester Animals Services located just west of the park.
- Tell me about the Sponsor Raffle
- Receive a stamp in your program for visiting all of the sponsors and be eligible for a $150 Best Buy gift certificate. The winner will be announced at 2:00 pm. Winner does not need to be present to win. Winning raffle ticket # will be posted on the website and the VSAS facebook page, post event. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to redeem your prize.
- Can I adopt a pet during The Fast & The Furriest®?
- Absolutely! In fact, there is no better time to adopt a pet. We will be offering discounted cat and kitten adoptions ($10.00) and dog and puppy adoptions ($20.00). Spread the word and let’s find forever homes for all the animals in the shelter during this special day. Help us Save Them All!
- Where do I sign up to participate in the pet contests?
- Visit the pet contest registration table located in Brown Square Park to register for the contests. There will be no online registration this year. Be sure to pick up your event program and map at registration or the information booth. Registration fees are $2.00 per contest/per pet. Only cash or checks will be accepted.
- Can I volunteer instead of participating in the walk or the run?
- YES! Many volunteers are needed to help make The Fast & The Furriest® a success. Volunteers help with everything from set-up to registration and you do not have to be an approved shelter volunteer to get involved. Sign up here.
- Can I bring my pets or children with me if I volunteer?
- We ask that volunteers DO NOT bring pets or young children with them while they are working. Volunteers are often very busy, and we ask that their attention be focused on their assignments.
- Where do I park?
- Kodak parking lot D located next to Carestream. Parking is free, however donations are greatly appreciated.
- Are there activities for children?
- Absolutely. For the most current information about event-day activities, please be sure to check back here frequently.
Still have questions, please email email@example.com
THANK YOU for helping make the lives Rochester’s neediest animals better. We can Save Them All!