ROC the Day is a 24-hour, online event that provides you an opportunity to support not-for-profit organizations doing great work in the nine-county Greater Rochester area. Just go to https://www.roctheday.org/VeronaStreetAnimalSociety , a secure online giving platform, to contribute.
You can really ROC the Day (and our world) by giving to one or multiple organizations that support your own personal philanthropic passions—it’s an easy, one-stop way to fill your “cart” with causes that matter most to you. Tell your friends, family, co-workers and social networks about the causes you’ve chosen to support and encourage others to ROC the Day!
ROC the Day is Tuesday, November 29 and we hope to beat our total last year of $6,007.20.
The Verona Street Animal Society, Inc. (VSAS) is a registered 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to providing the resources necessary to enable Rochester Animal Services (RAS) in reuniting missing pets with owners, finding new homes for unclaimed pets, facilitating pet retention through outreach and assistance, encouraging compliance with local pet laws, and promoting pet sterilization.
Each year RAS takes in nearly 5,000 animals from the Rochester community. A small staff and large group of volunteers work tirelessly with the community and rescue organizations to place as many as possible into caring forever homes.
This year we hope to raise more than $6,000 to provide funding for microchip identification, spay and neuter services and supplies, subsidized adoption events, foster care, maintenance of the Play Yard, and animal enrichment programs.
We have prizes for our donors this year in addition to a matching grant:
We have prizes for our supporters!
– The Largest Donor $100 and over win a VSAS Fan Pack (Canvas Bag, Hoodie, Water Bottle, Coffee Tumbler, Baseball Cap, Umbrella, Collapsible Dog Bowl & Dog Frisbee.
– All donors entered to win a 3 month free services Gift Certificate to Dog E Woggy Day Care.
– 8 PM is our power hour, all donors will be entered to win a VSAS pull over or full zip hoodie.
Don’t miss the “This is why I ROC!” Contest Nov 21-29! Follow these simple steps:
- Print out this sign, and fill in the blank.
- Take a selfie with your sign and post it to social media. Tag United Way of Greater Rochester & VSAS at:
- Facebook – @UnitedWayofGreaterRochester @VeronaStAnimalSociety
- Twitter – @UnitedWayROC @VSAS_RAS
- Instagram – @ROCUnitedWay @VSAS_RAS
- Start your happy dance – because you’ve just entered to win one of two $500 extra bonuses to your favorite cause, us!
- United Way of Greater Rochester will notify you with a private message directly to the social media account you used if you win.
The following terms and conditions apply to all VSAS ROC the Day contests: The prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prize winners will be determined based on VSAS’s official fundraising results, which will be provided by the United Way in mid-December. Prize winners will not be known until the United Way provides VSAS with its official fundraising results. VSAS is providing these incentive prizes. The United Way is not involved in any manner in this incentive program. Prizes will be announced on the VSAS Facebook page, and individual prize winners will be sent a notification email. All prizes must be claimed by the prize winner at Rochester Animal Services, 184 Verona Street, Rochester, New York 14608 (585-428-7274) within thirty (30) days of the date the prize winners are announced. Prizes not redeemed within thirty (30) days of the date the prize winners are announced will be forfeited.
Each donation makes a difference!
- $10 would microchip, test a cat for leukemia or provide required vaccine for a pet
- $20 would provide enrichment for a pet for a week while in the shelter
- $25 would spay / neuter a homeless cat
- $50 would spay / neuter a homeless dog
- $75 would house a homeless pet in the shelter for a week
- $100 would subsidize a cat adoption fee
- $150 would subsidize a dog adoption fee
- $350 would cover the housing, care and adoption costs of a pet
- This year we have a matching challenge grant for the first $500 raised.
Here are a few Happy Tails from adopters:
We adopted Rocky (formerly Sparky) in June and can’t imagine our home without him! He and our aging boxer are best of friends, he is wonderful with our 2 kids, and he is curious but scared of our 2 cats. He is the biggest snuggler and an absolute sweetheart! Thank you for taking good care of him while he was waiting for us to find him and bring him to his forever home. – Jennifer
Once she was a lonely dog, found as a stray. We adopted Cara from your shelter three years ago and she is loved very much. Thanks for all that you do for the animals. We celebrated her “gotcha” anniversary last week with her 3 rescued sisters. – Becky
I wanted to write a happy tail for our girl Gemma (Duchess). She is a wonderful girl who we adopted in February, she loves to run around in the backyard, take lots of walks and give hugs!! A few people we know were a little skeptical because of her breed, but she has really shown that pit bull’s are the biggest lovers around. We just love her and she has been the greatest gift and addition to our family. – Melissa