The Fast & The Furriest® is going virtual again this year! This means participants can run and walk anywhere and anytime, while making a difference in the lives of animals in need! Get ready and get set because we have a week of fun activities planned for all you dog lovers. Between May 31st and Sunday, June 6th, you can:
- Participate in the 5K, 10K or the dog walk
- Take The Far & The Furriest Challenge by completing ALL THREE events: 5K, 10K and dog walk (more info below)
- Bid on the fabulous items in our online auction. Details to come soon.
- Join us for our Pet Parade on Saturday, June 5th streamed live on Facebook
- Ask your friends and family to support a cause you are passionate about by creating a virtual fundraising page for the event this year.
Rochester Animal Services is continuing adoptions by appointment only at this time. If you are interested in adopting a pet, please contact them by email or call 585-428-7274.
In times when the community feels worried or uncertain about the future, animal shelters often become full of adoptable pets. To ensure that Rochester Animal Services will have enough space at the shelter for incoming animals, we are seeking people who can provide a shelter pet a temporary home until a permanent one can be found, or until it is safe to resume normal operations. We need caregivers for dogs and cats.
THE PLAY YARD
If you would love to adopt a rescue dog, but are hesitant to visit the shelter to see them, you can watch a play group at The Play Yard at Rochester Animal Services.
Verona Street Animal Society (VSAS) is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to providing the resources necessary to enable Rochester Animal Services to more effectively serve the public. This includes animal care and control, pet sterilization, pet adoption interests and, in cooperation with the City of Rochester, other programs that support the mission of Rochester Animal Services.
ROCHESTER ANIMAL SERVICES
Rochester Animal Services (RAS) is a municipal animal care and control organization. It serves Rochester’s people and animals to create safe neighborhoods, support the human-animal bond, and save and enhance lives.