Save the date: ROC the Day is Tuesday, December 3rd! This year, we hope to raise more than $8,000.
ROC the Day is a 24-hour, online event that provides you an opportunity to support not-for-profit organizations doing great work in the Rochester area—like us! Just go to www.roctheday.org, a secure online giving platform, to contribute.
You can really ROC the Day (and our world) by giving to one or multiple organizations that support your personal philanthropic passions—it’s an easy, one-stop way to fill your “cart” with causes that matter most to you. Tell your friends, family, co-workers and social networks about the causes you’ve chosen to support and please encourage them to ROC the Day for Verona Street Animal Society!
Each year Rochester Animal Services (RAS) takes in nearly 3,500 animals from the Rochester community. A small staff and large group of volunteers work tirelessly with the community and rescue organizations to place as many as possible into caring forever homes.
The Verona Street Animal Society, Inc. (VSAS) is a registered 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to providing the resources necessary to enable Rochester Animal Services to provide information, assistance, pet-reunification, and pet re-homing for the Rochester community. These service help to facilitate pet retention, encourage compliance, and support healthy choices for pet owners.
On ROC the Day, we hope to raise more than $8,000 to provide funding for microchip identification, spay and neuter services and supplies, subsidized adoption events, foster care, maintenance of the Play Yard, and animal enrichment programs.
Each donation makes a difference!
- $10 would microchip, test a cat for leukemia or provide required vaccine for a pet
- $20 would provide enrichment for a pet for a week while in the shelter
- $25 would spay / neuter a homeless cat
- $50 would spay / neuter a homeless dog
- $75 would house a homeless pet in the shelter for a week
- $100 would subsidize a cat adoption fee
- $150 would subsidize a dog adoption fee
- $350 would cover the housing, care and adoption costs of a pet
- This year we have a matching challenge grant for the first $900 raised.